The Real Estate Investment Society offers scholarships to encourage and support students interested in commercial real estate and related professions. The REIS Scholarship Foundation contributes funding to the Paul Sands Memorial – REIS Scholarship program, a permanent scholarship fund with Florida Gulf Coast University.
Applying for Scholarships
Information on applying for REIS scholarships is available from:
Florida Gulf Coast University (www.fgcu.edu)
REIS Scholarship Foundation Criteria
The school will apply the following criteria to evaluate eligible candidates for scholarship awards:
1. The purpose is to provide scholarship funds for students attending Florida Gulf Coast University who have an interest in a career associated with the real estate industry. Areas of study can include real estate, finance, construction managment, landscaping, engineering, appraisal, legal, accounting, development, insurance; etc.
2. Limit of $2,500 to be awarded to any student during a specific calendar year. A student may receive a scholarship award of up to $2,500 for four consecutive years. Funds are paid directly to the institution on behalf of the scholarship recipient, not to the individual.
3. Minimum grade point average shall be 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale).
4. Financial need shall be considered.
5. Recommendations from faculty members will also be considered, but are not required.
6. Preferential consideration shall be given to local and regional residents.
7. A recipient will attend one of the Real Estate Investment Society's (REIS) monthly meetings (at no cost) for the purpose of recognition and meeting the organization's members.
8. A candidate must submit a one-page essay with their application outlining why he/she should be considered for a scholarship of this nature and how it would benefit him/her.
9. Scholarship awards are intended for tuition and course books and materials.
10. The recipient will become an honorary member of the Real Estate Investment Society (REIS) during the scholarship period and be eligible to attend any and all monthly meetings and functions (at no cost) on the same basis as any dues paying member.
REIS - Real Estate Investment Society
P.O. Box 86, Fort Myers, Florida 33902.
Email: Click Here To Email Us
Copyright ©2003-2022 All Rights Reserved.
web design by isoosi